Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Long Road to Competence

Get ready for a backlog of studies and sketches. I'm pretty comfortable with designing and painting creatures, but for a long time was less so with environments and human characters. In my quest to rectify that I've produced a lot of sketches and rough images, some are studies, others are character thumbnails and exploration. So far I've mostly been tackling people, more environmental stuff to come later.


Below: Some rough ideas for a female protagonist that I've had knocking around in my head forever. She'll be showing up again in the future.








Below: A compiled pile of studies and tests. 




Photo studies below.


Practice environment, used as a test bed for whatever technique I came across. Lasso selections, photo textures and pure painting, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment