Thursday, July 31, 2014

Zbrush Creature Design

Followed along with a Gnomon workshop by Jerad Marantz that covered creature creation using zbrush and keyshot. 

Quick initial concept.
Reference! My ideas were all over the place and I think it shows in the design. I was pretty eager to get started and didn't spend as long figuring out what I wanted to do as I should have. 


Finished Model.


Slapped on some colour and overlay layers in photoshop to test out colour schemes. Settled on a mixture of hippopotamus and rhinoceros. 


Polypainting in Zbrush


Posing using Transpose Master


Renders straight out of Keyshot using hdr images



The final results after plenty of manipulation, tweaking of render passes, and over-painting.




If only I could have come up with a proper name for this guy. Rendering out a turn table soon, whether or not that turntable will be rendered with Zbrush or Keyshot depends on how long I'm willing to go without use of my computer (Keyshot takes forever).

No comments:

Post a Comment