Sunday, January 22, 2012

Aquarius Redesign

I used to create these encyclopedias of creatures when I was little. Aliens, monsters, prehistoric life, fantasy creatures, cryptids, etc. Everything, (including a fare amount of pokemon) populated their pages. I always intended to revamp my favorites from them, and this is the first to receive treatment. Not the most original of my creatures, but one of my favorites; the Aquarius was described as an amphibious dragon that scavenged and hunted along temperate and tropical coastlines. For the revamp I referenced a multitude of creatures: sea kraits, sharks, sea leopards, manta rays, eels, saltwater crocodiles, penguins, oar fish and lion fish included.

The image below is the preliminary sketch. The following is the final, now dubbed Hydra Orarius.


No comments:

Post a Comment