Friday, January 17, 2014

Catchup

Haven't posted here in a while and for that I apologize. 2013 was a very busy year for both schoolwork and client work. There are some images I'm not yet able to post here, so for now it's personal work only.

A couple of recent sketches~



This creature is a design for a personal world building project, he's based on the mythological Ichneumon that hunted dragons in the same way that a mongoose hunts serpents. As this guy was originally inspired by the Egyptian Mongoose, I spent a lot of time doodling to figure out how to take such a small animal and make it monstrous. I'm still not ready to call this design 100% finalized and will be painting more iterations in the future.

I was only able to get around to painting this version thanks to a contest hosted on facebook by Helpful Bear Productions. Which I'm excited to say won! As part of the reward, this image will be appearing in an upcoming issue of ImagineFX.


Creature practice, nothing much design wise, just trying things out~


I'm not ready to call either of the two images below complete. They were done for a Digipen course class, and on a tight schedule. Amid client work and other homework I wasn't able to spend as much time or thought on either of these as I would like. I used the class as an excuse to get out of my comfort zone, by focusing more on environments, as well as painting the two main characters of my personal project. I hope to have another go at the idea behind these in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment